Take notice that:
The right to redeem the following described property, to wit:
1695 Ga. Hwy. 109, Molena will expire and be forever foreclosed and barred on and after the 9th day of August, 2010.
The tax deed to which this notice relates is dated the 3rd day of October, 2006, and is recorded in the office of the Clerk of the Superior Court of Pike County, Georgia, in Deed Book 670, Page 324.
The property may be redeemed at any time before the 9th day of August, 2010, by payment of the redemption price as fixed and provided by law to the purchasers at said tax sale at the following address:
Leonard Spencer, Jo Spencer, 1195 Hill St. SE, Smyrna, GA 30080.
Please be governed accordingly.
/s/David G. Brisendine, III
Attorney for the Spencers
7/14, 21, 28, 8/4
Georgia, Pike County
To: All interested parties
Ginger Marie Smith Mitchell & Sharon Joann Smith Royl has petitioned to be appointed Administrators of the estate of Wayne Marshall Smith, deceased, of said County. The petitioner has also applied for waiver of bond and /or grant of certain powers contained in O.C.G.A. §53-12-232. All interested parties are hereby notified to show cause why said petition should not be granted. All objections to the petition must be in writing, setting forth the grounds of any such objections, and must be filed with the court on or before August 16, 2010. All pleadings/objections must be signed before a notary public or before a probate court clerk, and filing fees must be tendered with your pleadings/objections, unless you qualify to file as an indigent party. Contact probate court personnel at the following address/telephone number for the required amount of filing fees. If any objections are filed, a hearing will be scheduled at a later date. If no objections are filed, the petition may be granted without a hearing.
P.O. Box 324
Zebulon, Georgia 30295
7/21, 28, 8/4, 11 gpn18
Application To Register A
Business To Be Conducted Under Trade Name, Partnership or Others
State of Georgia
County of Pike
The undersigned does hereby certify that C. Gary Hill, Consulting Forester, conducting a business as Hill Forest Management in the City of Griffin, County of Pike in the State of Georgia, under the name of C. Gary Hill dba Hill Forest Management and that the nature of the business is forestry consulting and that the names and addresses of the persons, firms or partnership owning and carrying on said trade or business are C. Gary Hill, 394 Wentworth Way, Griffin, Ga 30224.
7/28, 8/4 gpn6
In the Superior Court for the
County of Pike
State of Georgia
Civil Action File No.
City of Meansville, Georgia,
754.99 square feet (permanent easement) of land in Land Lots 169 and 170 of the 8th Land District of Pike County, Georgia; Norfolk Southern Railway Company; F. Kennedy Hall, Registered Agent; Donna M. Boyt, Pike County Tax Commissioner, Condemnees.
The above named persons and any and all other persons known and unknown claiming any right, title, power, interest, ownership, equity, claim or demand in and to the lands hereinafter described, and all occupants, tenants, lessees, licensees and all holders, owners and users of ways and easements in, across, over and under said land are hereby notified, under the provisions of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated sections 32-3-4 through 32-3-19, providing for the exercise of the power of eminent domain by the State of Georgia, or any of its subdivisions, or by any county or municipality of such state, as follows:
1. That the above described case, being a condemnation in rem against the property hereinafter described, for a right of way and permanent utility easement for public infrastructure improvements, was filed in said Court on the 7th day of July, 2010;
2. That in accordance with provisions of the aforesaid Official Code, a Declaration of Taking, duly authorized and properly executed as provided by the Official Code, has been made and filed in said case, declaring the necessity for and exercising the power of taking the said described lands for public purposes, thereby vesting the title to same in the City of Meansville; and, in pursuance of such authority, the City of Meansville has deposited with the Clerk of the Superior Court of said County $8.32 as the just compensation for the said lands described; and all persons claiming such fund or any interest therein, are hereby required to make known their claims to the Court.
3. In accordance with the provisions of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, the Plaintiff-Condemnor has petitioned the Court for immediate possession of said property, and all persons having any interest or claim against such property, as above set forth, are required by the Order of the Judge of said Court to surrender possession of the property to the City of Meansville no later than 60 days from filing of the Declaration of Taking.
4. That in accordance with the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Sections 32-3-13 through 32-3-19, if the owner, or any owners, or any person having a claim against or interest in said property, shall be dissatisfied with the compensation, as estimated in the Declaration of Taking and deposited in Court, such person or persons, or any of them, shall have the right, at any time subsequent to the filing of the Declaration and the deposit of fund into the Court but not later than 30 days following the date of service as provided for in the Official Code of Georgia Annotated Sections 32-3-8 through 32-3-10 to file with the Court a notice of appeal, the same to be in writing and made a part of the record in the proceedings.
5. The said property affected, is described as follows:
All that tract or parcel of land, situate lying and being in Land Lot 169 and 170 of the 8th Land District of Pike County, Georgia and more particularly described as Right of Way of Way 7 and Utility Easement 6 on that certain plat of survey entitled “Right of Way and Easement Plan Colquitt, Buffer & Pecan Streets City of Meansville, Georgia” dated March 2, 2009 and revised February 22, 2010 prepared by David B. Millen, Georgia Registered Land Surveyor.
This 7th day of July, 2010.
Clerk, Pike County